Take 5 Prayer Initiative
We understand from the bible that His house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations(Is 56:7). GOD also says that we should be offering all kinds of prayers for all men (1Tim2:1). In considering how to facilitate this, we have come up with a suggestion that we TAKE5:
5 minutes a day to pray for 5 individuals from 5 different groups. This is not supposed to be a comprehensive group, but serves as a starting point for establishing the habit of intercession and covering some basic needs. Our Lord wants it to grow from there to include many others, but first we need to practice the discipline to start getting the heart.
The five groups, from which we choose an individual on a daily base, are OOTSO, Elders, Leaders, Saints, Lost. The first group is an acronym for “One Of The Sent Ones”. The rest speak for themselves.The heart of intercession is a Labor of Love before the throne to cover & support someone else. So go for it!
It’s first and foremost for Jesus that we are praying – His heart, His mission, His glory.
Prayer guidelines for OOTSO, elders and leaders:
- Increased revelation knowledge of GOD, especially of HIS Love (everyone to get to know GOD better) – 2Pet1:3-4 – we receive everything pertaining to life through that.
- Wisdom (Jam1:5; 3:17) & courage (Josh1) – we are in need of wisdom to lead this great people of GOD and courage to boldly do what we hear.
- Word of GOD to prosper and us to be delivered from evil men(2 Thess 3:1-2).
Other scriptures to consider in intercession for the various individuals:
- Know the Love (Eph3:17-19)
- Faith and Hope also prosper (Rom15:13)
- Spirit, soul and body prosper (1Thess5:23)
- Prayers for the Lost
- Conviction of sin (not believing), righteousness & judgement (Joh16:8-9)
- Forgiveness of sins (Luk23:34)
- Father to shine in their hearts to know Jesus (2 Cor4:6)